The “Institute of Ionosphere” is one of the oldest research institutes in Kazakhstan and the only specialized institute in Central Asia, conducting research on the Earth’s ionosphere.
The Institute conducts research on near-Earth space, solar-terrestrial relations, space weather, geodynamics, carries out ground-space monitoring.
The main research areas of the Institute of the Ionosphere:
• studies of cosmic ray physics, diagnostics and forecast of space weather;
• research of the geomagnetic field and atmospheric electricity;
• studies of solar-terrestrial relationships to assess the impact on the human body;
• study of seismicity based on data on variations in solar activity, geomagnetic field and the Earth’s rotation rate;
• Forecasting the performance of the onboard electronic equipment of spacecraft for various purposes and on aviation equipment.
SPACE TECHNOLOGIES FOR EARTH EXPLORATION FROM SPACE:
• research of geodynamic processes in seismically hazardous regions of Kazakhstan;
• monitoring of natural and man-caused emergencies;
• research of technogenic processes in urban areas;
• comprehensive survey of hydraulic structures;
• predictive and exploratory studies of deposits;
• monitoring of geodynamic processes in oil-promising territories.